VCO under test (PWM). Two LFO, one 8 step sequencer from Razmasynth, and one DS8 clone. Everything’s mixed with my mono mixer.
I’m still working on my DS8 Clone. I made 2 previous versions, but I’m not satisfied enough. The fact is DS7 or DS8 drums and their “clones” suffer from the original design flaws. All those clones are copies from the original model, with some additions. But they inherit the poor quality design. To mention a few, the low amplitude output, the poor noise source, the linear release enveloppe shape, the lack of punch on attack, the lack of 1 V/Oct tracking… And it’s not easy to debug.
So, I decided to completely redesign the guts of my next Drum Synth. Same behaviour, better characteristics.
Continue reading My new DS8 Clone isn’t ready yet, but…